Reasons to Upgrade
- The long beta period is over: Grasshopper, the world’s most beautiful programming language, is now a full-fledged part of Rhino. Used in some of the most ambitious design projects of the past decade, Grasshopper, like Rhino, has become a robust development platform. Grasshopper provides the solid foundation for many incredible third-party components ranging from environmental analysis to robotic control.
- Presentation is key: during nearly every phase of design, you need to communicate, getting “buy-in” from clients, customers, collaborators, or the public at large. We’ve improved Rhino with the aim of helping you present your work: be it “quick and dirty” or “high-res glossy.” With major changes to Rendering, Materials, or just plain capturing the viewport, it’s now easier and faster to present, discuss, make decisions, and iterate.
- Rhino’s new display pipeline is faster, more stable, and uses features found on modern graphics hardware, like GPU sensitive shaders and memory optimizations. This results in fewer GPU-specific display glitches and more consistent, beautiful, and frequent frames, even with large models. In some conditions, display speed can be up to 300% faster.
- Modeling is just one part of the design process; you also need to show how to build what is on the screen. We’ve refined many parts of the documentation workflow, from a completely reworked annotation-style interface, to better DWG support, and RichText throughout. It’s now easier to convey accurately and clearly the what and the how of your design.
- Licensing & Administration
- We have worked hard to make Rhino easier to install, license, and configure. There’s a great new option to license Rhino using the Cloud Zoo. Please check out the new System Requirements as well.
- Make2D has been completely rewritten to provide faster, better, cleaner, more customizable results.
- Rhino Refinements
- Small quirks add up to painful paper cuts over the course of a prolonged modeling session. In Rhino 6, we’ve fixed hundreds of minor bugs and consolidated disparate – but similar – features into single commands, making Rhino much more refined.
Fillet Chamfer Blend Edge
Offset Multiple Curves – Multiple Times
Constrain Flow Along Surface
Developable loft from 2 curves
Boolean Operations better on co-incident faces
Create Mesh from Lines
Add & Delete Ngons from Mesh
Supports AMF format
Extrude both sides
Attribute User Text
User Text Key and Value
Control Point Region
Command line maths
Curve End Analysis
Perspective – One View
Add and Remove Guides – Different from SmartTrack
Remove Naked Micro Edges
Show & Close Object Direction
Picture Frame – Alpha channel
Highly Improved Preliminary Rendering Capability
Apply thickness effect
View Capture to
Change Space – Layouts to Modelling
Layouts – Change visibility of objects and layers
- This Product is Also Known As
- rhino software
- rhino 3d upgrade
Rhino 5 for Windows Educational Student License by McNeel.
The most powerful NURBS 32 and 64 bit modeling tool with full support.
This Product is Also Known As
- Rhino 3D Student
- Rhino 6 Student
- Rhino Student
- Rhino 6.0 Edu
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Primary school, secondary school, college, university and career state-accredited school students qualify to order ONE single-user educational license each with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide one of the following:
- Dated student ID card
- Official dated current class schedule
Faculty & Staff
Primary school, secondary school, college, university, and career faculty and staff members qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Provide one of the following:
- Dated faculty ID card
- Recent faculty/staff pay stub