- Easy To Use: Easy to learn and easy to use, V-Ray works seamlessly with Rhino’s versatile 3D modeling tools.
- Quality: V-Ray lets you render the highest quality images possible – right in Rhino.
- Power: V-Ray gives you the power to render anything and everything – from quick concepts to your largest and most detailed 3D models.
- Speed: Render fast, design faster. V-Ray for Rhino lets you spend more time being creative and less time waiting.
- Creative Control: Focus on design, with a full set of creative tools for lights, materials and rendering.
- The Industry Standard: Top designers rely on V-Ray every day to visualize world-class products, buildings and more.
- New UI
- Designer-friendly user interface for faster and easier workflows.
- Material Library
- Select from over 500 drag and drop materials to speed up your next project.
- V-RAY Swarm
- Render with maximum power usingV-Ray’s new simple and scalable distributed rendering.
- Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Virtual Reality
- Render VR content for popular virtual reality headsets.
- Section Cuts
- Render quick cutaways and cross sections with V-Ray Clipper.
- Aerial Perspective
- Add depth to your images with realistic atmospheric effects.
- Grass & Fur
- Create realistic grass, fabrics and carpet with V-Ray Fur.
- Twin-Engine Performance
- V-Ray comes with two powerful rendering engines. With CPU or GPU acceleration, you can choose the fastest one for your hardware.
- Interactive Rendering
- Render while you design. See results right away as you adjust lights, materials and cameras.
- Global Illumination
- Render realistic rooms and interiors with V-Ray’s powerful and fast global illumination.
- Accurate Lights
- Render natural and artificial lighting with a wide range of built-in light types.
- Environment Lighting
- Light your scenes with a single high-dynamic-range image (HDRI) of its environment.
- Sun & Sky
- Render realistic daylight for any time and any location.
- Real-World Cameras
- Work like a photographer with controls for exposure, white balance and depth of field.
- Physical Materials
- Create great looking materials that look exactly like the real thing.
- Detailed Textures
- Create detailed and unique materials using texture maps or one of V-Ray’s built-in procedural textures.
- Proxy Objects
- Add highly detailed and complex objects like grass, trees, and cars with memory-efficient proxy models.
- Render Elements
- Render separate layers for more artistic control in image-editing software.
- Frame Buffer
- Track your render history and fine-tune colors, exposure, and more directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer.
- Render Nodes
- Give V-Ray Swarm an added speed boost with cost-effective render node licenses. Render nodes are compatible across V-Ray 3.0 for Rhinoapplications.
- V-Ray Scene Export
- Share complete, ready-to-render V-Ray 3.0 for Rhino files with any V-Ray 3.4 or higher application.
Educational License Features
V-Ray 3.0 Academic Student for Rhino 5 & 6 is a 1 year License and can not be used for commercial work.
An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use V-Ray Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A “Student/Teacher” is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
“Universities/Educational institutions” are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order.